Rashmi Desai is an Indian television actress. She was born on 13 February 1986 in Nagaon, Assam, India. Her family roots belong to Gujarat. Currently, she is living in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Her real name is Divya Desai. Later she changed the name to Rashmi Desai. Rashmi is 5 feet 3 inches tall. Her weight is around 55kg (approx).
She is best known for playing the role of Tapasya Raghuvendra Pratap Rathore in the popular television soap opera, Uttaran on Colors and Preeti (Daayan) in Adhuri Kahaani Hamari on &TV. She is also a trained Kathak and Bharatnatyam dancer.
Rashmi made her debut with the serial Raavan in 2006. Other than serials she also appeared in Movies. She worked in different languages like Hindi, Marathi, Bhojpuri, and Gujarati. She also participated in Jhalak Dikhlaa Ja season 5 and Nach Baliye season 7.
Rashmi appeared in Bigg Boss 6 and Bigg Boss Season 7 as a guest. She also participated in Bigg Boss season 13 as a participant along with Sidharth Shukla and Aarti Singh. Before TV she worked in B grade movies. Rashmi is one of the highest-paid Indian tv actresses. She did her schooling from JB Khot Primary School, Borivali East, Mumbai.
Rashmi did her college studies from Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics. She belongs to a Hindu family. Her father’s name is Ajay Desai and her mother’s name is Rasila Desai. She also has a brother Gaurav Desai. Her father passed away when she was a child. She married her co-star from Uttaran, Nandish Sandhu, on 12 February 2012, in Dholpur.
The couple also has a daughter Manya. She was also in news for her controversy with her husband. In 2014 they separated, and in 2015, the couple filed for divorce after almost four years of marriage. After divorce, there was also a rumor that she was dating her co-star Siddharth Shukla.
let’s know more about her –
Rashmi Desai Biography, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Divorce
|Real Name||Divya Desai|
|Profession||Actress, Model, Dancer|
|Date of Birth||13-Feb-90|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|College||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Father||Late Ajay Desai|
|Spouse/Partner||Nandish Sandhu (Actor)|
|Children||Daughter – Manya|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Salary||100,000 INR / Episode|
|Debut||TV – Raavan (2006)|
- She was born and brought up in Assam, India.
- Her father’s name is Ajay Desai and her mother’s name is Rasila Desai.
- Rashami also has a brother Gaurav Desai.
- She started her career with Raavan serial in 2006.
- After Raavan serial, she also appeared in Uttaran, Kahani Comedy Circus Ki, Savdhan India, Ishq Ka Rang Safed, and Dil Se Dil Tak etc.
- On 12 Feb 2012, she married her co-star Nandhish Sandhu.
- In 2014, they separated.
- Rashami also appeared in Hindi, Gujarati, Bhojpuri and Assamese language movies.
- She participated in Nach Baliye 7 and Jhalak Dikhlaa Ja season 5.
- She also appeared on Bigg Boss 5 and 10 as a guest.
- In 2019 she participated in Bigg Boss 13 as a contestant.
- She is the highest-paid actress of Bigg Boss 13.
- Rashmi is also a trained Bharatnatyam and Kathak dancer.
Rashmi Desai Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/imrashamidesai/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/TheRashamiDesai.OfficialPage/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/TheRashamiDesai
- 10th Indian Television Academy Awards
- 10th Indian Telly Awards
- 3rd Boroplus Gold Awards
- BIG Star Entertainment Awards
- 4th Boroplus Gold Awards
- Best Actress in Negative Role
- Apsara Awards
- BIG Television Awards
- Colors Golden Petal Awards
Good afternoon dear
Am Poonam from New Delhi am big fan of u.
Ur so beautiful.♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
Hi rashmi,IAM your big Fan..you are sooo cute and very beautiful ♥️???love you.
So disappointed that u didn’t win big boss 13. But you made it tiki the end. I miss seeing you everyday in the big boss program. I pray for you to have the best in life and take care be happy wish you all the best in life. Love you loads.
Hi Rashmi i m ur very big fan in bigboss uh r suprb amazing uh are so beautiful love uh dear?