Sushma Swaraj is an Indian politician, former Supreme Court lawyer and the current Minister of External Affairs of India, in office since 26 May 2014. She was born on 14 February 1952 in Ambala Cantt, Haryana.
At the age of 25 in 1977, she became the youngest cabinet minister of the north Indian state of Haryana. She also served as 5th Chief Minister of Delhi for a brief term in 1998.
Sushma Swaraj Biography
|Real Name||Sushma Swaraj|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Date of Birth||14-Feb-52|
|Birth Place||Ambala Cantt, Haryana, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Ambala Cantt, Haryana, India|
|College||Sanatan Dharma College, KUK University|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor Degree in Sanskrit and Political Science|
|Mother||Shrimati Laxmi Devi|
|Children||Daughter – Bansuri Swaraj|
|Net Worth||6 Crore INR|
|Party||Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP)|
- She was former supreme court lawyer.
- She is the 2nd woman to be India’ external affair minister. The first one is Indira Gandhi.
- She has been elected seven times as a Member of Parliament and three times as a Member of the Legislative Assembly.
- At the age of 25 in 1977, she became the youngest cabinet minister of the north Indian state of Haryana.
- She won the Vidisha constituency in Madhya Pradesh for a second term, retaining her seat by a margin of over 400,000 votes in 2014.
- Sushma Swaraj was called India’s ‘best-loved politician’ by the US daily Wall Street Journal.
- Her father was a prominent Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh member.
- In October 1998 she resigned from the Union Cabinet to take over as the first female Chief Minister of Delhi.
- Sushma Swaraj was the first female Spokesperson of a national political party in India.
Sushma Swaraj Political Carrer
- 1977–82 Elected as Member, Haryana Legislative Assembly.
- 1977–79 Cabinet Minister, Labour, and Employment, Government of Haryana.
- 1987–90 Elected as Member, Haryana Legislative Assembly.
- 1987–90 Cabinet Minister, Education, Food and Civil Supplies, Government of Haryana.
- 1990–96 Elected to Rajya Sabha (1st term)
- 1996–97 [15 May 1996 – 4 December 1997] Member, Eleventh Lok Sabha (2nd term).
- 1996 [16 May – 1 June] – Union Cabinet Minister, Information, and Broadcasting.
- 1998–99 [10 March 1998 – 26 April 1999] Member, Twelfth Lok Sabha (3rd term).
- 1998 [19 March – 12 October] Union Cabinet Minister, Information, and Broadcasting and Telecommunications (Additional charge).
- 1998 [13 October – 3 December] Chief Minister of Delhi.
- 1998 [November] – Elected from Hauz Khas Assembly constituency of Delhi Assembly. Resigned from Delhi Assembly and retained Lok Sabha seat.
- 2000–06 Member, Rajya Sabha (4th term).
- 2000–03 [30 September 2000 – 29 January 2003] Minister of Information and Broadcasting.
- 2003–04 [29 January 2003 – 22 May 2004] Minister of Health and Family Welfare and Minister of Parliamentary Affairs.
- 2006–09 [April 2006 -] Member, Rajya Sabha (5th term).
- 2009–14 [16 May 2009 – 18 May 2014] Member, 15th Lok Sabha (6th term).
- 2009-09 [3 June 2009 – 21 December 2009] Deputy Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha.
- 2009–14 [21 December 2009 – 18 May 2014] Leader of the Opposition and replaced Lal Krishna Advani.
- 2014–present [26 May 2014–] Member, 16th Lok Sabha (7th term)
- 2014–present [26 May 2014–] External Affairs Minister in the Union of India
Sushma Swaraj Official Accounts
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/SushmaSwarajBJP/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/SushmaSwaraj
Source of Info – Wikipedia