Sushma Swaraj is an Indian politician, former Supreme Court lawyer and the current Minister of External Affairs of India, in office since 26 May 2014. She was born on 14 February 1952 in Ambala Cantt, Haryana. At the age of 25 in 1977, she became the youngest cabinet minister of the north Indian state of Haryana. She also served as 5th Chief Minister of Delhi for a brief term in 1998.
Sushma was the first woman Chief Minister of Delhi. But she worked as Delhi Chief Minister for just 52 days. Sushma became the youngest cabinet minister in Haryana when she was just 26 years old. Sushma also fought election against Congress President Sonia Gandhi in 1999 but she lost the elections.
Sushma did her schooling from a local school in Ambala, Haryana. She did her graduation from Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantonment, Haryana and Punjab University, Punjab. She belongs to a Hindu family. Her father’s name is Hardev Sharma and her mother’s name is Laxmi Devi.
Sushma also has a brother Dr. Gulshan Sharma and a sister Vandana Sharma. She married to the former governor of Mizoram Swaraj Kaushal. The couple has a daughter Bansuri Swaraj. Bansuri is an advocate. On 6 August 2019, she had a cardiac arrest at her home in Delhi. Her family took her to the AIIMS hospital, New Delhi. But the doctors were unable to revive her.
Sushma Swaraj Biography
|Real Name||Sushma Swaraj|
|Date of Birth||14-Feb-52|
|Birth Place||Ambala Cantt, Haryana, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Ambala Cantt, Haryana, India|
|College||Sanatan Dharma College, KUK University|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor Degree in Sanskrit and Political Science|
|Mother||Shrimati Laxmi Devi|
|Children||Daughter – Bansuri Swaraj|
|Net Worth||6 Crore INR|
|Party||Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP)|
Sushma Swaraj Political Carrer
- 1977–82 Elected as Member, Haryana Legislative Assembly.
- 1977–79 Cabinet Minister, Labour, and Employment, Government of Haryana.
- 1987–90 Elected as Member, Haryana Legislative Assembly.
- 1987–90 Cabinet Minister, Education, Food and Civil Supplies, Government of Haryana.
- 1990–96 Elected to Rajya Sabha (1st term)
- 1996–97 [15 May 1996 – 4 December 1997] Member, Eleventh Lok Sabha (2nd term).
- 1996 [16 May – 1 June] – Union Cabinet Minister, Information, and Broadcasting.
- 1998–99 [10 March 1998 – 26 April 1999] Member, Twelfth Lok Sabha (3rd term).
- 1998 [19 March – 12 October] Union Cabinet Minister, Information, and Broadcasting and Telecommunications (Additional charge).
- 1998 [13 October – 3 December] Chief Minister of Delhi.
- 1998 [November] – Elected from Hauz Khas Assembly constituency of Delhi Assembly. Resigned from Delhi Assembly and retained Lok Sabha seat.
- 2000–06 Member, Rajya Sabha (4th term).
- 2000–03 [30 September 2000 – 29 January 2003] Minister of Information and Broadcasting.
- 2003–04 [29 January 2003 – 22 May 2004] Minister of Health and Family Welfare and Minister of Parliamentary Affairs.
- 2006–09 [April 2006 -] Member, Rajya Sabha (5th term).
- 2009–14 [16 May 2009 – 18 May 2014] Member, 15th Lok Sabha (6th term).
- 2009-09 [3 June 2009 – 21 December 2009] Deputy Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha.
- 2009–14 [21 December 2009 – 18 May 2014] Leader of the Opposition and replaced Lal Krishna Advani.
- 2014–present [26 May 2014–] Member, 16th Lok Sabha (7th term)
- 2014–present [26 May 2014–] External Affairs Minister in the Union of India
Sushma Swaraj Official Accounts
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/SushmaSwarajBJP/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/SushmaSwaraj
Source of Info – Wikipedia