Salil Ashok Ankola is an Indian actor and former international cricketer who played one Test match and twenty-One Day Internationals (ODIs) from 1989 to 1997 for India. He was born on 1 March 1968 in Solapur, Maharashtra, India.
At age 28, Salila Ankola retired due to a sudden development of bone tumor in his left shin bone (osteoid osteoma) because of which he could not run for 2 years. Since then he went on to appear in a number of Indian soap operas and a few Hindi films. He made his first-class debut at the age of 20 for Maharashtra.
let’s know more about him –
Salil Ankola Biography
|Real Name||Salil Ankola|
|Profession||Former Indian Cricketer and Actor|
|Date of Birth||1-Mar-68|
|Birth Place||Solapur, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Solapur, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Spouse/Partner||Late Parieeta Ankola, Ria Banerjee|
|Children||Daughters – Sana Ankola & Son – Karan Ankola|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Debut||ODI – 18 December 1989 against Pakistan at Gujranwala Test – 15 November 1989 against Pakistan at Karachi|
- In 1988, Salil stunned everyone on his state-level cricket debut against Gujarat where he took a hat-trick and scored 43 runs.
- Salil Ankola and Sachin Tendulkar both played their debut ODI match in December 1989 against Pakistan at Gujranwala.
- He played his last ODI match in 1997 against South Africa.
- Salil Ankola was featured in Adnan Sami and Asha Bhonsle;s popular song “Kabhi Najar Milao”.
- In 2013, her wife Parineeta committed suicide by hanging from the ceiling fan of her room at her Pune residence in 2013.
- In 2010, Indian cricketers arranged a Twenty-20 match to support him in Mumbai.
- His TV serial Kora Kaagaz of 1998 is very popular.
- He contested in Sony Tv’s adventure show Power Couple with his wife Ria in 2015.
Salil Ankola Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter