Rebecca June Hewitt born as Rebecca Cartwright is an Australian actress and singer. She is best known for playing Hayley Smith Lawson on the soap opera Home and Away. She is also known for having released an eponymous pop music album in 2002.
In 2005, she got married to the professional tennis player Leyton Hewitt and took his name. Cartwright was born in Sydney, NSW, Australia on 23rd July 1983. She is the youngest among the three children of Darrell and Michelle Cartwright. She has an older brother Sean and an older sister Christy. She began her acting career when she was merely five years old. Her career started with television commercials.
Her mainstream debut was an episode of Police Rescue in the year 1992. She also guest-starred in Water Rats and Roar. She is best known for having played Hayley Smith Lawson on the popular Australian soap opera Home and Away. She soon became a fan favorite and earned herself several Logie award nominations until the year 2005. In that year, Cartwright won an award for the Most Popular Actress.
However, she got pregnant within months of playing Hailey and left the series to become a full-time mom. Ella Scott Lynch replaced her as Haley on the show. She signed a record contract with Warner Music Australia and East-West records in 2002. Her debut single ‘All Seats Taken’ was released on 18th November 2002 and peaked at the IRIA music charts. However, her following singles ‘On the Borderline’ and ‘A Matter of Time’ both failed.
Her self-titled album which was released on 16 June 2003 wasn’t much of a hit either. The album got two out of five stars. She ended her contract in 2004 and the same year was announced as a contestant in the first season of Dancing with the Stars. Rebecca along with partner Michael Miziner won the first season on 23rd November 2004. She also hosted Abba Mania on Nine Network but her performance was met with largely negative reviews surrounding the controversy that only celebrity performers were Nine Network personalities.
In 2018, she announced her return to television with a new Nine Network travel series Helloworld. Cartwright was in a four-year relationship with her Home and Away costar Beau Brady and they were briefly engaged. After her engagement broke off, Cartwright was in a relationship with Australian tennis player Leyton Hewitt. The couple announced their first child on 5th May 2005 and got married on 21st July 2005. Their wedding took place at the Sydney Opera House and the reception took place at Taronga zoo.
On 29th November 2005, she gave birth to her daughter Mia Rebecca Hewitt and gave birth to a baby boy on 11th December 2008 who was named Cruz Layton Hewitt. The third child, a daughter named Eva Sydney Hewitt was born on 19th October 2010. The couple received a lot of criticism for having publicized their pregnancy and people claim that they sold their children for the highest bid.
Bec Hewitt (Rebecca June) Bio, Age, Height, Weight, Zodiac & Images
|Real Name||Rebecca June Hewitt|
|Profession||Actress and Singer|
|Date of Birth||July 23, 1983|
|Place Of Birth||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Family||Father – Darrel Cartwright|
Mother – Michelle Cartwright
|Children||Mia Rebecca, Cruz Lleyton Hewitt, Ava Sydnety Hewitt|
|Education Qualifications||Not Known|
|Net Worth||$4 Million|
- She was born as Rebecca Cartwright.
- Beck is best known for playing Hayley Smith Lawson on the soap opera Home and Away.
- Cartwright was born in Sydney, NSW, Australia on 23rd July 1983.
- She began her acting career when she was merely five years old.
- Her mainstream debut was an episode of Police Rescue in the year 1992.
- Cartwright won an award for the Most Popular Actress in 2005.
- She got pregnant within months of playing Hailey and left the series to become a full-time mom.
- Her debut single ‘All Seats Taken’ was released on 18th November 2002
- Rebecca along with partner Michael Miziner won the first season of Dancing with the Stars on 23rd November 2004.
- She was briefly engaged to her Home and Away co-star Beau Brady.
- She got married to Australian tennis player Leyton Hewitt on 21st July 2005.
- The couple has three children.
- Her net worth is $4 million.
Facebook, Instagram and Twitter Accounts
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/bechewitt23/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/becjhewitt