Navjot Singh Sidhu is an Indian politician, television personality, and former cricketer. He was born on 20 October 1963 in Patiala, Punjab, India.
Sidhu is a member of parliament for 10 years from Amritsar between 2004 to 2014. Sidhu has a career of 19 years as a professional cricketer. He scored 73 runs on his international cricket debut against Australia. Navjot Singh Sidhu scored his first international ODI century against Pakistan in 1989.
He scored his only double century against West Indies in 1997 and this was Sidhu’s highest test score (201). Sidhu announced his retirement from cricket in December 1999. Other than cricket Navjot Singh Sidhu also appeared in Bigg Boss season 6 as a contestant.
He is also a part of the famous comedy show Comedy Nights With Kapil and Kapil Sharma Show which is hosted by famous stand-up comedian Kapil Sharma.
His wife name is Navjot Kaur Sidhu and she is a doctor by profession. They have a daughter named Rabia and son named Karan.
let’s know more about him –
|Real Name||Navjot Singh Sidhu|
|Nickname||Sixer Sidhu, Sheri Paaji, Sidhu and Sidhu Paaji|
|Profession||Cricketer, Politician, and Commentator|
|Date of Birth||20-Oct-63|
|Birth Place||Patiala, Punjab, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Patiala, Punjab, India|
|School||Yadavindra Public School, Patiala, Punjab|
|College||Mohindra College, Punjab University, Chandigarh|
|Father||Late Sardar Bhagwant Singh|
|Mother||Late Nirmal Sidhu|
|Sister||Suman Toor, Late Neelam Mahajan|
|Spouse/Partner||Navjot Kaur Sidhu|
|Children||Son – Karan Sidhu Daughter – Rabia Sidhu|
|Net Worth||15 Crore INR|
|Debut||International Test – 12 November 1983 vs West Indies at Ahmedabad ODI – 9 October 1987 vs Australia at Chennai|
- He was born in a Sikh Jat family. His father is also a cricket player.
- Navjot Singh Sidhu scored 5 consecutive fifties in 1987 World Cup.
- He walked out of 1996 tour of England because he thought his captain Mohammad Azharuddin was frequently abusing him.
- Sidhu retired from cricket in December 1999.
- He joined politics after retiring from cricket.
- He was dropped after playing only two tests, but he made a strong come back in 1987 World Cup.
- He also made several special appearances in various movies like ABCD 2, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi and Mera Pind.
- Sidhu was also a popular contestant of Bigg Boss season 6, but he made an early exit due to political commitments.
- He is considered to have mastered meditation, which he started as a result of tough times after his father’s demise.
- He joined Indian National Congress on 15 January 2017.
- His Highest ODI score of 134 against England at Gwalior in 1993.
- He made a unique record of getting 500 test runs in a year thrice, in 1993, 1994 and 1997.
- He became the first Indian cricketer to score 5 centuries in ODI’s.
- His epic 11 hours at the cricket crease against West Indies in 1996-97, where he made 201 runs.
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/sherryontopp/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/navjotsinghsidhu
Twitter – https://twitter.com/sherryontopp