Aishwarya Rai is an Indian actress and model. She was born on 1 November 1973 in Mangalore, Karnataka, India. She was also the winner of the Miss World 1994 pageant.
Aishwarya is one of the most popular Indian actresses. In 2009 She was honored with the Padma Shri by the Government of India and Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the Government of France in 2012. She made her acting debut in Mani Ratnam’s 1997 Tamil film Iruvar and had her first Hindi film release in Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya that same year.
She won 2 Best Actress awards at Filmfare for Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999) and Devdas (2002). In 2007 she married to Abhishek Bachchan.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was the first Indian actress to be a jury member at the Cannes Film Festival.
let’s know more about her –
Aishwarya Rai Biography, Height, Age, Weight, Family
|Real Name||Aishwarya Rai Bachchan|
|Eye Colour||Green Blue|
|Date of Birth||1-Nov-73|
|Birth Place||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir, Mumbai|
|College||Jai Hind College, Mumbai
D.G. Ruparel College Of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai
|Educational Qualification||College Dropout|
|Debut||Film – Iruvar (1997, Tamil),
Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya (1997, Bollywood)
|Father||Krishnaraj Rai (Army Biologist)|
|Wife/Spouse||Abhishek Bachchan, Actor|
|Children||Daughter – Aaradhya (born in 2011)|
|Net Worth||$35 Million|
|Address||Jalsa, B/2, Kapol Housing Society, VL Mehta Road, Juhu, Mumbai|
- When she was in 9th class she did 1st ad commercial for Camlin pencils.
- Other than actress Aishwarya Rai wanted to be an architect or in medicine line as she always like Zoology.
- During 12th standard, her English professor asked her to do a photoshoot for a fashion magazine, as she was also a photojournalist.
- After the photoshoot, she started getting modeling offers but she refused them as she wanted to concentrate on her studies.
- Before becoming famous, she tried her luck in voice-dubbing for a TV serial but was rejected.
- She became famous when she did a Pepsi commercial alongside Aamir Khan and Mahima Chaudhary.
- She was everyone’s favorite to win the 1994 Miss India title, but she lost it to Sushmita Sen, mainly due to her lack of public speaking skills.
- Aishwarya Rai won the Miss World title on 19 November 1994 in South Africa.
- She is also a trained classical dancer.
- Julia Roberts once said – Aishwarya Rai is the most beautiful woman in the world.
- During the making of the song Dola Re Dola from the film Devdas (2002), she suffered from ear bleeding due to heavy earrings.
- Aishwarya is the only actress to be featured in both Pepsi and Coca-Cola ads.
- Mattel released a limited edition of Aishwarya Rai Barbie Dolls in the United Kingdom after the success of movie Devdas (2002).
- In 2003, she became the 2nd Indian actress to appear on the cover page of the Time magazine.
- She once had an accident due to the out of control car of the stuntman, during the shooting of her film Khakee in 2004.
- She became the 1st Indian actress to have her wax statue at London’s Madame Tussauds museum.
- In film Troy, she was offered the role of Breseis but she rejected.
- She also started Aishwarya Rai foundation in 2003 to support needy people.
- A variety of Tulip Flower in the Netherlands is named as Aishwarya Rai.
- She and her family own a production company, Target Films.
- She was initially signed to play the role of Simmi in the film Bluggmaster in 2005, but she was replaced by Priyanka Chopra without any notice.
- She has been supporting Eye Bank Association of India (EBAI), PETA India, Polio Campaign.
- In 2004, she was listed among 100 Most Influential people in the world by Time Magzine.
- Her wedding cost around 6 Crore INR and she wore a 53- Carat solitaire engagement ring of worth 50 Lakh INR and received around 15 kg of Gold.
- In 2009, She became the 1st Indian and South Asian actress to appear in famous Oprah Winfrey Show.
- Her daughter Aaradhya is popularly known as Beti B.
- She has fear of cockroaches (Katsaridaphobia).
Aishwarya Rai- Miss World 1994 (Full Performance)
Aishwarya Rai First Movie
She did her movie debut with the Mani Ratnam’s Tamil Film Iruvar in 1997. Iruvar is a Tamil Political Drama film. In the same year 1997, she did her Bollywood debut with the film Aur Pyaar Ho Gya opposite Bobby Deol.
Both the movies are commercial failures.
Aishwarya Rai Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Twitter – https://twitter.com/aishwaryaraiweb
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/AishwariyaRaiBachchan/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/aishwaryaarai