Steven Allan Spielberg is an American filmmaker. He was born on December 18, 1946, in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States. He is one of the most famous directors and producers in the Hollywood film industry.
Steven is also the Co-Founder of DreamWorks Studios. In late 1960’s he became one of the youngest directors for Universal. Spielberg won the Academy Award for Best Director for Schindler’s List and Saving Private Ryan.
Jaws, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, and Jurassic Park achieved Box office records. He is the highest-grossing director in history. His movies altogether have a gross of $10 Billion worldwide. The net worth of Steven Spielberg is estimated more than $3 Billion.
let’s know more about him –
Steven Spielberg Biography, Wife, Children, Family and First Movie
|Real Name||Steven Allan Spielberg|
|Profession||Film Director, Screenwriter, Producer, Studio Entrepreneur|
|Date of Birth||18-Dec-46|
|Birth Place||Cincinnati, Ohio, USA|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Cincinnati, Ohio, USA|
|School||Arcadia High School Hebrew School Saratoga High School|
|College||University of Southern California California State University|
|Educational Qualification||B.A in film production and electronic arts|
|Debut||Film – The Last Gun TV – Night Gallery|
|Wife/Spouse||Kate Capshaw (1988- Present)|
|Net Worth||$3 Billion|
- He is the highest grossing director in History with an estimated gross of $10 Billion.
- Steven won the Academy Award for Best Director for Schindler’s List and Saving Private Ryan.
- He is also known for his long-standing associations with several actors, producers, and technicians, such as composer John Williams, who has composed music for all but three of Spielberg’s films (The Color Purple, Bridge of Spies, and Ready Player One).
- He also received the Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in 1986.
- Steven Spielberg won a total of 3 Oscars.
- Steven is the co-founder of DreamWorks Studios with Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen.
- His net worth is more than $3 Billion.
- He saw his 1st film during his childhood at Haddon Township, New Jersey.
- He won a prize at the age of 13 for a 40-minute war film titled “Escape to Nowhere” which was based on the battles in East Africa.
- Spielberg wrote and directed his 1st independent film entitled “Fireflight” in 1963 at an age of 16. It was a 140-minute science fiction film, made on a budget of US $500.
Steven Spielberg Wife and Children
At the suggestion of director Brian De Palma, he met Amy Irving in 1976. After meeting her, Spielberg told his co-producer Julia Phillips, “I met a real heartbreaker last night.”
They started dating each other and stayed together for 4 years. They broke up in 1979 and in 1984 they rejoined. In November 1985 Steven and Amy married. After 3 and half years of marriage, they divorced in 1989. Their divorce was recorded as the third most costly celebrity divorce in history.
After that when He cast Kate Capshaw in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom they started dating, In October 12, 1991, they married.
There are seven children in the Spielberg-Capshaw family:
- Jessica Capshaw (born August 9, 1976) – daughter from Kate Capshaw’s previous marriage to Robert Capshaw
- Max Samuel Spielberg (born June 13, 1985) – son from Spielberg’s previous marriage to actress Amy Irving
- Theo Spielberg (born August 21, 1988) – son adopted by Capshaw before her marriage to Spielberg, who later also adopted him
- Sasha Rebecca Spielberg (born May 14, 1990, Los Angeles)
- Sawyer Avery Spielberg (born March 10, 1992, Los Angeles)
- Mikaela George (born February 28, 1996) – adopted with Kate Capshaw
- Destry Allyn Spielberg (born December 1, 1996)