Rajkumar Hirani is an Indian film director. He was born on 20 November 1962 in Nagpur, Maharashtra, India. He is one of the famous Indian filmmakers. He mostly directed Hindi films. Some of his super hit movies are Munna Bhai M.B.B.S (2003), Lage Raho Munnabhai (2006), 3 Idiots (2009) and PK (2014).
His films won many several awards including the National awards. Let’s know more about him –
Rajkumar Hirani Biography, Movies, Upcoming Movies, Son, Wife and More
|Real Name||Rajkumar Hirani|
|Hair Colour||Salt and Paper|
|Date of Birth||20-Nov-62|
|Birth Place||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|School||St. Francis De’Sales High School, Nagpur, Maharashtra|
|College||Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune|
|Educational Qualification||Course in Editing|
|Debut||Writing/Directorial – Munna Bhai M.B.B.S (2003) Production – PK (2014)|
|Sister||Anju Kishanchandani (journalist)|
|Wife/Spouse||Manjeet Hirani (Pilot in Air India)|
|Children||Son – Vir Hirani (Pursuing Film Direction)|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
- Rajkumar Hirani’s father, Suresh Hirani migrated from Sindh (Now Pakistan) to India during the time of Indo-Pak partition.
- His parents wanted him to become a Charted Accountant, he was more inclined towards theater and acting.
- During his college days, He was an active participant in the field of Hindi Theatre.
- His parents sent him to a reputed school in Mumbai. However, he could not adopt the environment of the school and came back to his house a few days later.
- Hirani then took admission in the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune. But due to the high number of applicants, he made a compromise and took the course of Editing.
- After graduating, He struggled for many years in Mumbai, in order to become a film editor. Then he shifted to the field of advertising and steadily established himself as a director of commercial advertisements.
- One day he was called by Vidhu Vinod Chopra to work on the promos and trailer of the movie 1942: A Love Story.
- His first film was Mission Kashmir as an editor.
- Rajkumar Hirani’s first film as a director is Munna Bhai MBBS (2003), which became a huge success.
- After Munna Bhai MBBS he made Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006), 3 Idiots (2009) and PK (2014).
- PK became the highest Indian grosser earning INR 500 crore at Box-Office.
- He got 4 National Awards and 11 Filmfare awards for his movies.
Rajkumar Hirani Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Twitter – https://twitter.com/rajkumarhirani
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/RajkumarHiraniFilms/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/hirani.rajkumar/