Gurdas Maan is a Punjabi singer, songwriter, choreographer, and actor. He was born on 4 January 1957 in Giddarbaha village of Punjab and gained national attention in 1980 with the song “Dil Da Mamla Hai.”
let’s know more about him –
Gurdas Maan Biography
|Real Name||Gurdas Maan|
|Nickname||The Living, Legend, Maan Sahab, Pride Of Punjab|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Choreographer, Actor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||4-Jan-57|
|Birth Place||Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab, India|
|School||Yadavindra Public School, Patiala, Punjab, India|
|College||Netaji Subhas National Institute Of Sports, Patiala, Punjab, India|
|Educational Qualification||Masters Degree In Physical Education|
|Father||Late Sardar Gurdev Singh Maan|
|Mother||Late Bibi Tej Kaur|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Debut||Song – Dil Da Mamala Hai (1980) Album – Chakkar (1984) Film – Mamla Gadbad Hai (1984)|
- He has a bronze medal at National Wrestling Championship.
- He has a black belt in Judo.
- He has written and directed the TV show POP Time for Doordarshan.
- After watching one of his stage performance on the song Dil Da Mamala Hai, A producer of Jalandhar TV station approached him for the TV recording of the song. He agreed to it and the song was aired on 31 December 1980 and became a super hit.
- For his track Apna Punjab Hove, he has received many awards in various categories like Best Song, The Best Album, The Best International Artist of Pop and Media Award held at Birmingham, UK in 1998.
- In 2005, he won the Jury’s Award ( National Film Award) which is Given by the President of India.
- IN 2009 he won the Best International Album Award for his song Boot Polishan (2017).
- On 7 September 2010, he was bestowed by an Honorary doctorate from Wolverhampton University in the UK for his immense contribution to Punjabi music, art, and culture.
- On 9 January 2001, he met with an accident, in which his driver Tejpal died and later he dedicated a song Sawari to him.
- On 20 January 2007, he again met with a car accident and got some minor injuries and his driver Ganesh suffered serious injuries.
- He has produced more than 34 Punjabi albums and written 305+ songs.
- He is also fluent in Hindi, English, Punjabi, Haryanvi, and Rajasthani.
- He is a huge supporter of Manchester United Football club.
Gurdas Maan Videos
Boot Polishan Song Video
Apna Punjab Hove Song Video
Dil Da Mamala Hai Song Video
Gurdas Maan Official Accounts
Youtube account – https://www.youtube.com/user/maangurdas
Facebook account – https://www.facebook.com/GurdasMaan/
Twitter account – https://twitter.com/gurdasmaan
Instagram account – https://www.instagram.com/gurdasmaanjeeyo