Subedar Joginder Singh Sahnan was an Indian Army soldier and recipient of the Param Vir Chakra. He was born on 26 September 1921 in Mahalakalan near Moga, Punjab. In 1936 he joined British Indian Army and was posted to the 1st Battalion of the Sikh regiment.
During the 1962 Sino-Indian War, he was commanding a platoon at Bumla. Though heavily outnumbered, he led his troops in the face of the enemy and fought until he was wounded and killed. Chinese troops were unable to complete their assignment.
let’s know more about him –
Subedar Joginder Singh Sahnan Biography, Family and More
|Real Name||Subedar Joginder Singh Sahnan|
|Profession||Indian Army (Rank Subedar)|
|Date of Birth||26-Sep-21|
|Date of Death||23-Oct-62|
|Birth Place||Moga, Punjab, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Not Known|
|Hometown||Moga, Punjab, India|
|School||Primary School, Village Nathu Ala|
Middle School, Village Daroli
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Father||Sher Singh Sahnan|
|Mother||Bibi Krishan Kaur|
|Spouse/Partner/Affair||Bibi Gurdyal Kaur|
|Awards||Param Vir Chakra|
|Battle||Second World War|
Indo-Pakistani War of 1947
|Unit||1st Battalion, Sikh Regiment|
- He can not complete his education due to financial problems.
- Subedar Joginder Singh was recruited into the 1st Sikh Battalion in September 1936.
- After Joining Army he completed his study and passed his army education exam.
- He was then appointed as a Unit Education Instructor.
- The Shipping Corporation of India named a container in his name to revere the supreme sacrifice this soldier made for his country.
- In Chinese custody, Subedar Joginder Singh didn’t allow Chinese doctors to amputate his legs which had gangrene thinking it would ruin his chances of promotion in the Army.
- A memorial statue of Subedar Singh has been built in District collector’s office in Moga to remember him by.
- Gippy Grewal a famous Punjabi actor is now making a biopic in Punjabi on Subedar Joginder Singh.